Admin users/reps can monitor other users’ activity from “Setup Categories | showroom users”. Under “access log,” click “view” for the respective user/rep to monitor their logins/logouts.
You can also change the time range.
Under the “activity” column, you can “view” how many customers/orders/market calls/etc. a user has created, edited, and deleted.
You can also specify your own custom data range:
The main differences between renaming a current user-id vs. creating a new one by copying from another are:
1) Renaming an existing user-id is quick and easy, while copying an existing user-id requires a few extra steps.
2) When renaming an existing user-id (e.g.; lisa to mike), mike will inherit lisa’s profile, such as number of customers/orders created/edited, etc. Creating a new user-id with the copy function, avoids this issue.
Below is another example of where this history comes into play- showing who entered a customer account or who last edited it.
Showrooms that monitor who made entries/edits of any kind should be mindful of what method they choose.
When copying, make sure to delete the old user-id to keep your monthly rate unchanged.
Admin users/reps can prevent regular users/reps from printing/exporting reports or other private information, such as commissions and customer information.
From “setup categories”, select “showroom users,” click on the name you wish to apply restrictions to, and confirm that certain check-boxes are selected/un-selected:
1) “Allow Print Report on Customer View” is unchecked (you might want to also consider the options below this one because they relate to exporting)
These options help prevent the user from printing information on the main tabs (e.g. orders, invoices, etc.)
2) “Allow reports result to email” is unchecked.
This prevents the user from emailing report information.
3) “Allow Export from Views” is unchecked.
This will prevent the user from exporting-to-excel on the main tabs
4) “hide Print option on report result” and “hide Save As option on report result” are checked
This will hide the printer icon and the save icon for all reports.
You can choose the options that best fit your showroom policy.
WE ALWAYS RECOMMEND THAT YOU SIGN-IN WITH THE NON-ADMIN — USER’S CREDENTIALS TO CONFIRM THE RESULTING PERMISSIONS MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.